Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Beach Weekend

We watch the season pull up its own stakes
Catch the last weekend of the last week
Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced
Another sun-soaked season fades away...

That's right friends. We're back from our last little summer get-away. It was a nice relaxing weekend where we simply sat around on the beach listening to crashing waves and enjoyed each others' company. It really was the perfect summer send-off. It was bittersweet, yes, because it means summer is almost over, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves. The place we stayed at (Braemar Towers) was actually pretty nice. We had an ocean-view room with two balconies - one off the living room and the second off of the bedroom Josh and I stayed in. The one off of our room overlooked Coastal Highway (not the most scenic landscape), but the straight westward view made for pretty sunset watching!

Have a looksie at the photos....

Josh's little cousin, Taryn! We adore her :]

Taryn and "her Joshie" going to sleep for naptime on the beach

View of the beach from our balcony

A pretty sunset. It was much more vivid in person but my camera just wouldn't capture the bright redness of the sun. Sorry, friends.

One of my favorite pictures ever of Josh and I :]

Taryn and "her Emmie"


She's such a little character :]

Joshie and Taryn watching a movie - she had never seen Muppets!!

Look at that face - she was totally taken in by Kermit and Fozzie

Boardwalkin'




And there's that. A good time was had by all (I think). We arrived Friday and it was just us and Josh's parents and Jennie and Taryn. Then Saturday morning Nathan, Erin, Connor and Kelly came down. They stayed until about mid-day on Sunday and then went back home. Michael joined us Sunday night and then we all headed out around 1:30 on Monday afternoon.

I'm now trying to enjoy my last few days of summer break. I really can't believe this is it already. But, I guess time flies when you're having fun. I'm slowly accepting the fact that school is about to start again soon. It's very hard to think about at first, but it's starting to sink in.

Yesterday I spent the day being incredibly productive. I FINALLY got my student loan figured out! Can you believe it!? It was a little confusing, but overall pretty painless. I also got my TB test done for the upcoming internship and then got my fingerprints taken care of this morning. Today also included helping Jennie paint her bedroom (did I mention she's moving in with us?), and finishing my final exam for that play therapy class I took last week. I also made a really good dinner - even if the house did fill with smoke... oh well :]

Let me close with 3 positive events!
  1. The beach trip was a wonderful success!
  2. The student loan is taken care of!
  3. I had TWO very productive days in a row!

I'd also like to end with a little song that I learned while at the beach (and have been singing ever since).

Ahem.....
Have you ever been down the water spout
to the very bottom of the water system?
There you'll find a little alligator
who goes by the name of Alfred, if you do.
He's mine.
I lost him.
I threw him down the water spout
and now I'm feeling lonely 'cause he's gone.
I miss him.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!