Oh Kelly :]
First of all, two blog posts in one day. Come on, that's bananas!
Second of all, I had a ridiculous day! It started out normal...
- I taught my first two classes, and then during 3rd period I had to teach a guidance lesson to another class. So I did that.
- Fourth period was also normal, except today I was running my group (for my internship) so instead of eating lunch I went to the counseling office to work with those kids. Then I finished teaching fourth period.
- At the beginning of fifth period, I had told a few girls that I would be willing to be filmed for a documentary they were making for one of their classes called "Teaching and Pregnant." Yes, this is a take-off on "16 and Pregnant" which I've never seen, but my students love to tell me stories about because they think it somehow relates to my life. Oh my.
- After the documentary filming, I had to stop in another teacher's classroom to look at some fabulous WW2 stuff he had, some of it American (his dad fought) and some of it Nazi (very cool). He's not known for being a short-winded guy so this took longer than I would have liked especially since I was waiting to eat my lunch!
- I finally made it down to the counseling office to eat my lunch and go over some data with my mentor. As we're going over the data there are all these questions about it and things that don't seem to make sense. I asked who compiled the data and she said it was from Central Office and we had a meeting about it after school today. So I asked if someone from CO was coming to run the meeting, and she said no, she thought she was supposed to be running it.
- I head back to my classroom to teach sixth period. About 1:45 a student aide walks in my room with MY SISTER. What the what?! So I stood frozen and staring for a minute trying to understand where I was and who was there and what on earth might be going on. Then I walked over and was able to ask "What the what?!" Amberly hands me a Starbucks coffee and some chocolate candy, and then says she came to bring me some short-sleeved maternity clothes. All I could think was that this was about to be followed by something terrible, so I stared again waiting for her to drop a bomb. Turns out she was just in the area having lunch with one of her friends and decided to pop in and bring me the short-sleeved clothes I had asked about. Wellllll... ok. So she offered to stick around a few minutes until school was out, but I told her I had this meeting. So we went out in the hallway so I could show her how to get back outside.
- While standing in the hallway the guidance office secretary walks by. I stop her to introduce her to my sister and show her Caraline. I noticed she was holding two cups of salsa and thought it was weird, but didn't inquire.
- End of the day arrives and I fly back down to the counseling office to meet up with my mentor for this meeting. She gathers her things and we head to... wait, where is this meeting again? She tells me it's in room 105. Amanda's room? Amanda is another social studies teacher. How strange that a counseling meeting is taking place in there.
- It's not a counseling meeting, it's a baby shower thrown by the counseling and social studies departments. How cute!
For some reason I thought I would definitely see a shower coming a mile away at work, that I would be able to identify some weird random after school meeting as a surprise shower. How miserably did I fail? Hahaha :] I guess if you're going to fail at anything, guessing your surprise baby shower is a good one.
Today could only be topped by tomorrow being the last day before spring break. Ohhhh hoooooraaaaaay!!!