Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

One Crazy Week

Well, if you couldn't tell by my lack of posting, it was a LONG first week. Mostly the lesson planning is taking up all of my time. I'm using every free second I have to plan lessons. I've been at work until 4 and sometimes 5:00 every day last week. Starting over with new curriculum and no lessons has been tough. I have been able to use a few more of my co-worker's lessons that he generously donated to me. So that's helping. I just don't have enough resources (just my content outline and the textbook) to make any really creative lessons on my own right now. Maybe over the next few years if I'm still teaching the same subjects. Over all I can't complain though. It has gone really well. I have my first observation this coming Friday so I especially need to have a good lesson planned. I've been working on that this morning and will be again tomorrow.

Yesterday we had a cookout at Josh's parents house. Most of his family was there. It was fun. Later on we had Ben's 24th birthday party that Jenna threw for him. Um, I did not use my best discretion and partied a little harder than I had in a long time.... ok, I'll be honest: I played flip-cup with rum & coke. Yikes. But we did have an awesome time. Apparently there are photos of me that I'm not going to like (making the rock-band face, what was I thinking? proof of my non-existent inhibitions). Josh made me a nice breakfast this morning and now we're getting ready to go out to dinner to celebrate Ben's birthday with everyone. It should be more fun and shenanigans :o) I think tomorrow will just be a day of rest (and a little bit of work).

As soon as I get all this lesson planning under control (aka- I get more than 1 day ahead of what I'm teaching) I'll be able to post more. But in the mean time I'll try to post at least once a week, probably on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!