Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

What the what

It's one of those days that I'm asking - "What the what?!" Liz Lemon-style. This is not how I wanted to start my holiday weekend.

We came home from running errands this morning and found that a turtle had been run over in our parking lot! Of course it was directly in front of our parking space. I don't want to look at that poor crushed turtle every time I leave my house :(  We tried to contact the county about picking it up, but you know how that is on a holiday weekend. No luck.

Then we get the baby upstairs in bed for her nap and realize that the next door neighbors are having the tree in their front yard cut down. This sucks partly because we just put the baby in bed, but also because the tree provides cover for a window over our front door. Without it all the houses across the street can basically see all the way through our main level. I'm not excited to lose that privacy. I guess I can rig some kind of curtain, but the window is not square it's a semi-circle. Plus, beyond the privacy there was an inhabited bird's nest in that tree. The top of it was right outside Carsen's window and any time you would ask her about birdies or say "tweet tweet tweet" she would look right out the window to that tree. Makes me sad. I just hope the birdies were gone when their branch was cut down.

It's hard to tell from this photo, but what remains of the tree at this point is covering the left half of the window. It used to cover the whole thing. 

And if cutting down a tree wasn't loud enough, then the workers turn on a stereo to listen to music while they work. I can hear it through my house and through the baby monitor. They were nice about it when I asked them to turn it off. Now they're power-washing the siding. Guess they showed me.

Hopefully the rest of the weekend will prove to be peachy perfect! We're looking forward to getting some stuff done at home this afternoon/evening and a big family cookout at my parents' house tomorrow. Monday we wanted to keep things low key so we're just hanging out with a few friends. I can't decide if we're going to see fireworks or not. For me personally I feel like I've missed 4th of July if I don't, but I wonder how our Bebe will feel about them this year. I'll let ya know!

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!