Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

39 Weeks


Here we are... 4 days away from the due date. Things are going well. At my appointment last week everything looked good and the midwife felt that the baby is moving down further into my pelvis. I have noticed this change {ouch} and consider it to be an exciting step in the right direction! My next appointment is Thursday next week which will be 2 days past the due date. We are supposed to be allowed to discuss scheduling an induction if I get to that appointment with no baby. I'm not crazy about that idea, but I guess it will depend on how I feel by then. Carsen was born at 40 weeks + 5 days, so I think it also makes sense to give Reagan until 41 weeks before we go in after her. Who knows how I'll be feeling by then though. The only date I feel like I'd want to pick would be 3-31-13 just because that would be an awesome birthday. But alas, not only is that a Sunday when I'm fairly certain they don't schedule inductions, but it's also Easter Sunday. So no hope of getting to select that date. I'd really love for her to come out on her own this weekend. If she's born tomorrow then her birthday will be 3-23, while Carsen's is 4-24. That's kind of cool. If she's born Sunday then she and Carsen will both be born on the 24th and that's kind of cool too. Regardless of the date, I'm just reminding myself that she can't stay in there forever, and we're about to meet this kid very very soon :D

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's not too weird for me to say this since I don't know you, but I'm just so so so so excited for you and your family! You're just beautiful! I can't wait to hear/read/see how she comes :) I'm excited to see if she'll look like sweet Carsen at all or be her own lil self <3 eeeeek!!!! Good luck mama! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!