Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Why Not Bake?

As I've just outlined all the things one must stay on top of while waiting for a baby to arrive, I find myself using today's nap time to whip up a new Pinterest recipe. Luckily, it was a very very simple recipe so it didn't take up much time. Writing this will probably take more time than the recipe. But let's be honest, what pregnant girl could resist trying "2 Ingredient Cookies"??

Here is the link from the pin I found. The only two ingredients in the original recipe are bananas and oats. Seriously, you mash up the bananas with a fork and mix in the oats...

That's when the fun begins though. As you see in these photos with the chocolate chips, you can add in any number of other ingredients to your liking. I added a sprinkle of cocoa powder, a spoonful of peanut butter, and some chocolate chips to mine. Yum.

Other add-ins I thought of were...
 - Cinnamon and cut up apples, or apples and peanut butter
 - Raisins and walnuts (maybe also cinnamon)
 - Peanut butter or butterscotch chips
 - Diced peaches or strawberries, or both!
 - Craisins (I love the cherry ones)
 - Coconut
 - Blueberries
....basically anything you would eat in your oatmeal or a muffin. You bake them at 350 for 15 minutes and voila! The cookies aren't super sweet, which I liked. There's no sugar other than what you get from the banana and any add-ins. You could add sugar if you wanted, but I thought they were great as-is. They definitely satisfy a cookie craving without any guilt. Win! :)

These would be perfect after-school snacks or even as a treat to send to school with your kids if you didn't want to go the traditional cake/cupcake/brownie route. Also easy to throw together if a friend is stopping by for coffee or something like that. I can't wait to try some other variations and see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!