Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Storm-Cloud Known As Grad School

Yes, that's him. For all of you who have not had the joy of experiencing the Storm-Cloud known as grad school, that's him. I just want to say, I'm ready to be out from under this storm cloud. It's just exhausting always having something hanging over your head. I hear other people with normal jobs who aren't in grad school talk about their lives, and it sounds like a dream. If only I could do whatever I wanted when I got off work! Ok, sorry. I know I complain about these choices I've made ALL the time. I decided to be a teacher (don't ask me why), and I decided to go to grad school. My fault - I get that. Anyway, I finally got my paper finished this afternoon after doing research all Friday night, composing all day yesterday (literally from breakfast to dinner - worked through lunch), and then composing all afternoon today. I had to get up this morning to go check in on my dad which was a welcome break from the dumb paper. It's a long drive so I had about an hour and a half of time in the car with just me, my ipod and my thoughts. It was a happy time :)

So I know that there's light at the end of the tunnel, but when a weekend gets sucked up like this one did, it makes that light seem a little farther away. Plus the instructor I was writing this paper for is terrible at creating rubrics. They're very unorganized and give a vague description of what the paper is being graded on, but its nearly impossible to make sense out of. All I can say is that I'm happy it's finished and I'm not looking forward to the next one!

I am looking forward to the next weekend however, when I get to throw Jenna's bridal shower and bachelorette party (with assistance from the moms and bridesmaids, of course). I think everything is going to turn out so fun. I've got a busy week ahead, but I'm excited to get all the details taken care of.... and honestly, for a night out! I enjoy getting dressed up and heading out for a night of carefree fun on the town! Do keep an eye out for pictures :) We're heading BACK up to Eburg to have dinner at my mom's. I hate being out on Sunday nights, but that's usually the only time I see my mom or siblings, so we go whenever we can. I love hanging out with them even if it means getting home AT bedtime. This is why I could never move away from my family.... but that's another post for another time :)

Have a great week... and a GREAT St. Patrick's day... Erin Go Bragh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!