Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Perfect Spring Weekend

Our amazing weekend kicked off on Friday with Opening Day at Oriole Park! We've been to many games but never Opening Day so it was a big day for us. It was also a big day for Oriole Park, marking the 20th anniversary of its first ever opening day. 

Since it was the first game of the season, C was a little unsure about the huge crowd and all the noise. But she came around and warmed up by the 2nd or 3rd inning.

It was also my mom's birthday and she and my step-dad were at the game with us!

There's our girl cheering and clapping :)

Highlight of the day = return of my favorite Oriole, Mr. Brady Anderson

We also got to see Matt Wieters and Nick Markakis receive their Golden Glove awards.


Os Win!

Saturday we tried to get some things done around the house and relax a little during the day. In the evening J had a bachelor party to go to and I headed up to my SIL Jenna's house for a Mary Kay girls' night with some friends and my cousin who sells Mary Kay. It was really fun, as usual. C just had a blast running around, pretending to feed my baby nephew soup and dancing like the dancin' fool she is. Meanwhile I got to pick out my summer colors. They must have been good choices because two different people asked me out of nowhere what make up I was wearing and said how great it looked. Hooray :)

Sunday of course was Easter! I can't say enough about the actual meaning of Easter and what we're celebrating. Truly there could be no greater gift, and nothing could give more hope than knowing we are that loved. Incredible. To celebrate we did the usual Tour-de-Hometown and visited both of our parents' houses. We started at J's parents' house and had an egg hunt and some dinner. This is the first time C was really big enough to participate in an egg hunt and boy did she. With a little encouragement she filled her little basket right to the top :)





Later in the day we headed over to my parents' house for more visiting and more food! My mom has several gorgeous blooming trees in her yard so I took some pictures for my siblings with their spouses and kids, and then my SIL took some for us.


Lucky for us, there are four ladies in our family who all know how to cook so holiday dinners are always pretty amazing. This Easter was definitely one of my favorites in recent memory. Despite all of our hard work in the kitchen, the boys wouldn't move until Bubba got his jacket :)

I just couldn't ask for more out of a spring weekend. We spent the whole three days celebrating with friends and family and enjoying the spring weather. We're blessed, that's for sure :)  I hope everyone else's weekend was full of fun, family, friends, and sunshine. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!