Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello, Joe!


I follow Women's Running Magazine on Facebook, and today they posted an item about coffee that made me smile. According to the Mayo Clinic, it has been determined that coffee (and other caffeinated beverages) do not actually dehydrate you as we've been told for however long. I personally stopped drinking coffee almost entirely when I started training for my half marathon because I was worried about dehydration. Running 6 days a week meant there was rarely a morning I could enjoy a cup of coffee thinking I'd be dehydrating myself before my run. So for those of you who need a coffee boost before your run, or if you're like me and have been avoiding it, the Mayo Clinic (while they don't recommend coffee as a source of hydration) says it's OK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!