Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pre-Weekend

I've decided to write a quick post before the weekend since the rest of the weekend is very much taken up. Tonight was already special because it was a kind-of Friday night for us because we're both off work tomorrow, and that's always fun. Not to mention, real TV came back tonight! We were so pumped for our shows. We've been watching most of them on DVD since they went off last fall, so it was thrilling to catch new episodes. You know, everyone says my husband looks like Jim from The Office. He disagrees, but I'm going to post a side-by-side soon and take a poll!

We're off work tomorrow because we're headed out to Deep Creek to visit my grandmother for her 90th birthday. Ok, so that's not terribly exciting but it's a weekend away! One very wonderful thing about it is that we're stopping on our way to visit the Cookes who live in Frostburg! They're very close friends of ours who we don't get to see very often. And they have the most adorable red-headed baby that we also never get to see. I'm very much looking forward to that visit.

Unfortunately, we've got to hurry back home Saturday night. On Sunday I have a grad class lab from 9-4. It's a terrible class to begin with, and the lab days are just a painfully extended version of our regular 2-hour night sessions. Last time the instructor offered to get lunch. She was going to buy three pizzas for 20 adults in a 7 hour class. This gives you a clue of how well prepared she usually is.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow's mini-roadtrip with Ben and Jenna should be fun, and we get to see the Cookes. It's always nice to see grandmom, and the hotel we're staying in has a pool and hot tub. We'll make some time to splash around with the munchkins... something about little kids giggling is truly therapeutic, especially when you're connected to them.

When I return I have a 15-page paper to write in two days -- wohoooooo! But then I'm going to post some pictures from our trip and of our house (for Jenn!) Right now, I'm watching ER and trying to remember what all happened last. My fabulous husband is in the kitchen making me brownies. He loves me :o)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad house pictures are forthcoming, and that I actually got a blog mention. I think that makes me practically famous. :)Your weekend sounds fun to me. I used to love random little trips. As for Josh looking like Jim, I laughed when I read that, and then looked at his picture and realized you're kinda right! lol! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!