Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

The Post About our Music Room

Ok, so I apologize for the late posting. There were several attempts over the weekend, but things got busy and I wanted to wait until I had pictures to post. We had a beautiful weekend between the weather, being super-productive around the house, and getting to visit people. Friday night we went up to Eldersburg to hang out with Connor and Kelly. We ordered chinese and watched a movie. We always have so much fun with them. We watched the movie, Juno about a teen-aged girl who gets pregnant. I know it doesn't sound like the best premise for a movie, but I really loved the story. It's an indie so you have to put up with some strange music and strange humor. Josh and I are also big fans of two people who starred in it- Michael Cera and Jason Bateman (both from Arrested Development). They never had a scene together but they were both good characters. I highly recommend it, especially if you like something different. And it was still light-hearted (which is always a big factor for me).

Saturday Josh got up incredibly early to prep the former office for painting. I hadn't slept in for two weeks, so I snoozed until 8:15-8:30. Then I got up, made some peach pancakes and started on my own project- cleaning the bathroom. I ran an errand or two, got the bathroom all sparkly, made some sandwiches for lunch, and then helped Josh finish painting. We were both so thrilled with the way the color turned out. It's a darker color, so there's always that element of hesitation. But as soon as he started I could tell it was going to look exactly the way I pictured it. And speaking of pictures, here are three to help give you an idea of what it looks like now.

Josh's new piano -- way fancy, but it needs a stand

The variety of guitars - this one shows the color really well


Another guitar, that also shows the color quite nicely.

And this is a picture of Sheppie chilling under the coffee table (just because he's cute)

Saturday night Josh was hanging out late with some of his guy friends so I went to visit my mom and Amberly in Eldersburg. I'm always up for seeing the babies :o) Plus I needed some gardening advice from my mom. We took out some hedges in front of our house back in the fall and now we just have hedge-stumps. It's the north side of the house so it's mostly shade during the day, but I wanted something that would bloom. We looked at some books and I think I decided on impatiens. Now I just need someone to take out those pesky stumps.....

Sunday we worked on getting the music room put together. It still needs some work. Josh has some art he wants to frame and hang up in there, and it still needs some furniture. We have a futon in the basement that we're going to move up there soon. We also did some shopping and then headed out to Frederick to meet some friends for dinner. It was a nice end to a busy weekend. Fortunately today was a really easy Monday. There was a big field trip that almost every 6th grader went on. I started and ended with planning today, and my three classes in between had 11 kids, 6 kids, and 9 kids.

Sadly, tomorrow will be a different story. But Wednesday is a Social Studies dept. planning day. I have to go to work, but I have a substitute and I basically sit in a meeting all day. It beats teaching :o)

I'll try to post again before the weekend! Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the pictures! John is growing a goatee too, so nice going Josh. :)I also loved the gray color of the walls. I can see why you would be nervous because I get nervous with anything louder than cream. But that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!