Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Interview that Wasn't

So even though I'd heard awful things about this school, I got myself out of bed, all prettied up and went to the interview anyway. It's a pretty good distance from home - strike 2. I arrived about 15 minutes early, we'll call it 10 by the time I parked, checked my hair and walked into the building. I was greeted by a stare (instead of "hello" or "how can I help you"). So I said who I was and why I was there. The secretary smiled and said, "He's not here yet, but you can have a seat." So I did. At 10:00, the time of my scheduled interview, the aforementioned secretary came over and sat down next to me. She started off with, "I don't know what you want to do. He hasn't called and I haven't been able to contact him by phone. I know he was in L.A. over the weekend, so I don't know if he's still there....." Ummmm. Ok. I said I'd wait a few more minutes since it was 10:00 on the dot. I didn't exactly want to be walking out of the building as he was walking in. I hung around until about 10:20 -- you know, like in college, if the professor isn't there in 20 minutes you get to leave. At this time the secretary once again approaches me with, "I don't know what you want to do. Would you like me to call you when I hear from him and maybe we can set something else up?" Yea, sure, let's do that. And I left. She did apologize for "wasting my time" which I thought was the least I deserved.

So yea, strike 46. I'm not going back there. To me it's just proof that it wasn't meant to be. I didn't want anything to do with that school to begin with and this just gave me the perfect excuse to get out of it. Onward and upward... I have my interview for the job I really want tomorrow. Wish me luck!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!