Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mac-tard?


Alright, so it's Tuesday. I said you would likely get to see all those pictures I've been promising on Tuesday. I finished my research proposal and presented it last night. All that stuff is done. I did have a couple of things to get done today. I had to go have my stitches taken out, I finished Twilight, did a little grocery shopping and filled a prescription (my dang stitches got infected).

So when I sat down after dinner tonight to make my huge picture post that I had been promising, you can imagine my annoyance when I realized that I couldn't figure out an easy way to get my pictures from their folders onto Blogger. I am still learning the ins and outs of the Macbook, but this is something that should be simple. I can't load them in the original size because they're huge and that would take me weeks to do with the number of pictures I have to upload. The trouble is, I can't figure out any quick/easy way to resize pictures. You can import them all from their folders to iPhoto, then export them in a smaller size back to a folder, but then I have the same picture in three different places on my computer. It seems kind of inefficient. Am I just a Mac-tard? I tried searching online for ways to resize pictures on a Mac and the iPhoto export method was what everyone seemed to suggest. **If any Mac-users out there have better suggestions, please do share!**

So I tried doing that, and it wasn't terrible. I still have the same picture saved in 3 different places, but whatever. Anyway, it just became time-consuming with the number of pictures I'm trying to share. I have to get up early in the morning so I just didn't have the time to sit and work on it much longer after tooling around with it for several hours already. So tomorrow I will hopefully have time to work on a little more. I do have my last class tomorrow night but I should still have the middle of the day free.

With that said, I'll close with another apology for the delay in pictures. You may just have to get the really really really abbreviated version - or I might make you find them all on Facebook (iPhoto has a button that will import a whole album of pictures to Facebook in a quick minute. Why can't they have that for Blogger??).

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!