Monday, June 13, 2011

A day with me and my 13-month old!

First, I'll just say that this day is not our typical day, but it would be much more like our typical day if I didn't babysit my nephew. His parents went on vacation and he stayed with his grandma for a few days, so I did this while I didn't have him. Days that he is here are pretty... well, there's just not a lot going on. It'd be pretty boring to read about. Also, I'll say that I didn't take the time to edit my photos. Don't judge me on my less-than-ideal lighting and mediocre color saturation.

Alright then, here we go.

Bebe wakes up around 7:30-8:00. We get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast. She enjoys some Cheerios while I cook us scrambled eggs and toast, her favorite.

After breakfast we play for a little bit. She apparently had some important phone calls to make on this morning.

It used to be that I would spend a portion of the day trying to keep her off the stairs, but we have remedied that. See the gates we bought didn't fit our stairway even though they said they would. We had to get creative, but we made it work.

More playing, and practicing her walking skills with this push toy. She loves it and walks very well with it even on our hard floors. It's really just confidence that's holding her back at this point.

Somewhere around 10 a.m. we decide to venture out for some fresh air and shopping.

We went to Target (always) and my favorite baby/maternity consignment boutique, Greenberries!

When we get home it's time for Bebe's nap, 11/11:30-ish. She goes to bed like a champ, so I had some time to work on that furniture refinishing project I had mentioned in the last post.

I squeeze in some lunch while Bebe is still sleeping. Fancy, right?

She's not always a happy waker. But she was up around 1:00.

She's happy to snack on some more Cheerios while I get her lunch ready. I'll be honest, I don't remember what she had for lunch that day and I didn't take a picture. Sorry.

I make a quick afternoon snack for myself while Bebe plays after lunch. These are Nature Valley Granola Thins. I put peanut butter on them to give them a little more staying power. If you've never tried this snack, you should. Delish.

Finally around 5 Daddy gets home! He and Bebe play and catch up on the day while I cook dinner.

Can't keep this girl away from the shoe mat. Oh well.

Dinner is barbeque chicken, sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. It was pretty yummy despite the messy looking photo. I think I remembered to take the picture after I started eating.

Bebe ate approximately half of my sweet potato. What a kid :)

After dinner, we play some more. Sometimes we take a walk outside or go out to the store if there's time.  Then Bebe gets her bath around 8 and we head upstairs for bed at 8:45. She's usually in bed asleep by 9 or very shortly after. That's when I sit down to read, check email, blog, or watch TV with the handsome guy who lives at our house :)

And there you have it, our pretty typical life. Nothing extravagant. I like simple. Later I'll do a post that's more focused on the things our Bebe is doing these days. As I'm sure you've noticed, I decided not to do one giant update post. I thought I was going to, but it overwhelmed me and I decided to do several small ones. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mama :0) A neat trick with walking, does she walk and hold your hand? If she does, try walking with her while you hold a banana and she holds it too, and then just let go and watch her keep walking :0)


I love hearing from you!