Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's My Birthday and I'll Blog if I Want To

Happy birthday to me!

How old am I? Didn't your mom teach you it's not nice to ask a lady that question? Well, I won't say how old I am, but just that this is my last birthday in my twenties... eeeek! Kinda hard to believe! I thought it was crazy when my sister turned 30 this past fall, so I can't imagine how surreal it will be for me next year. My husband said the other day about someone turning 40 - "I didn't realize he was only 10 years older than me." That also sounded crazy to me.

Enough crazy talk. So while I sit here reflecting on the last 29 years I have to say I wouldn't change a thing. I am of the mindset that if any tiny detail had changed, I can't be certain that I'd be where I am right now. I am so in love with my life that I wouldn't risk anything about it being different. When I was in high school I realized I was having so much fun that part of me didn't want to move on. Life was simple, easy, and I enjoyed it. I remember thinking that I really wanted to soak it all in because it would pass quickly and I wouldn't have that life any more. In college I found myself in the same situation only I loved college life even more than high school. It was a bit more stressful as I had more responsibility and was juggling work and school, but I made plenty of time for fun and lived it up like any college kid should. Again, I remember thinking I wanted to really, really enjoy it before it was gone and I was on to the "real world." At one point in my young adult life I realized that while I couldn't do anything about getting older or watching stages of my life pass by, I knew that I could choose to always love the place I was in at the time. Amazingly, it has been that way. Every stage since then- young single adulthood, my engagement, our newlywed pre-baby years, and now the beginnings of parenthood have all been my favorite.

I used to stress about getting older. It still scares me if I think about it enough. It's difficult to picture myself becoming a thirty-something, or parenting teenagers, or just being 40. But I know that time will be here soon. Instead of worrying that life is going by too quickly, I'm going to love every stage and soak up every day.

For my 30th year I'm looking forward to a lot of things. Many fun new milestones with my precious baby girl, lots of laughter with my family and friends, and making memories to take with me on the rest of my adventure. I'm excited for a huge family vacation this summer, new babies joining the family, and all the other unplanned, unexpected blessings that will come my way. Who knows, my 30th year could turn out to be my favorite so far  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!