Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Fun/Busy Week

I tell ya, ever since our trip to NY things have been wild around here! I've been trying to get us back onto some kind of normal schedule, although we're also adjusting to having our days completely free so maybe I don't quite know what our normal schedule is yet.

So far this week we...

  • Visited Eli at home! He's doing so so so so well and we are beyond excited to have him out here and part of our family. His first pediatrician visit couldn't have gone better. He had gained over 1/2 a pound on his birth weight! And maybe I'm biased but it was pretty darned precious to watch C marvel over him for the first time. Whew, be still my heart...
  • Carved two pumpkins- one kitty cat and one Elmo, two of Cs favorite things. I haven't carved a pumpkin since I did so once as a child. It went surprisingly well, I thought!

  • Had a play date with my friend/former co-worker who had a baby in July and whom I haven't seen since prior to her pregnancy. That was a super-fun gab-fest. She and I have a lot in common and have never had a problem chatting an afternoon away. C was also completely enamored by her baby girl, Scarlett. Silly me forgot to take any pictures though!
  • Had a play date with my BFF Mary Beth and her adorable little guy Nick, whom C swoons over. They were so adorable chasing each other around the house and chatting in their toddler babble. I can't get over how cute they are together. They shared their snacks with each other and talked to the dog together. They even played together with the same toy. At one point C even picked up his sippy cup and held it for him while he took a drink! Call me crazy, but arranged marriages don't seem so bad when I look at these two ;)
  • Have re-established a solid running routine. I decided that the Thursday running group was not focused enough for me. So I found a training program online, re-worked my cleaning schedule to fit in two runs during the week and one on the weekend, and have been on track. Now that I can run during the day when C is napping, it's so much easier to plan it into my schedule and stick to it. As a result, I don't intend to return to the Thursday running group. I guess in other ways it wasnt' really what I had expected it would be anyway. I'm still on the fence about running in the graduation 5k race. I feel like I should so I'm not a quitter, but I also don't think I have to pay $25 (after already paying $45 to participate in the group) to run 5k to prove that I can do it or make it more of an accomplishment. Why not just run 5k on the treadmill like usual? That counts, right? I'm thinking I'd rather have the $25 than a photo of me crossing the finish line. I intend to keep training and run other races, so it's not a once-in-a-lifetime situation or anything.
And the fun doesn't stop there. Tomorrow we're going some shopping and then doing dinner and a movie with some friends of ours. We have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and Sunday we're celebrating my father-in-law's birthday. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but... is it Monday yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!