Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And the Winner Is....

Good news, everyone:  I picked a paint color for our shared spaces (entry, living room, dining room, kitchen, stairway and upstairs hall)! I did end up going to get sample cans of three different colors. I painted the three swatches in half a dozen places around the house so I could see each one at different angles in different rooms and at different times of day. By the time the first swatch had dried, I had a favorite. After staring at them for a few days, my favorite remained the same. I then took that color and painted it alone in several other spots just to be sure. Thankfully, the more I painted it the more I loved it! As a result, I have almost completed my cutting-in. Just kidding, but that would be funny :)








It's called "Halo" by Benjamin Moore. It's warmer than gray without being beige, and it's not too dark or drab. I love that it's soothing and cozy and yet it doesn't read as "tan." I'm really excited about it, now I just need to set aside time to do the work! Since it's such a big job it's going to be more than a weekend project. I'll probably do it in sections. Our entryway is separated from the rest of the main level by a baby gate, so that will be easy. The living and dining rooms will probably be the biggest challenges because they are basically one big room (divided by furniture only) and that's where we spend most of our time. Our dining room is in fact currently a play room, so it will require some adjustment to be able to get that done and dry without our munchkin getting involved. I like a challenge though and I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!