Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A few more projects

I'm still working on some fun little Christmas thing-a-majgs, or "majiggles" as my brother would say. I found a use for the rest of my old wired berry garland.

And I found some pine cones. I happened to have a cute stitched leather basket to put them in... 
all the cuter.

My mom and sisters and I also had our annual cookie bake. I made peppermint bark and raspberry thumbprints. YUM.






And what cookie bake would be complete without some Chinese for dinner?

Er.. back to the projects. 
So, I stole this idea from my friend Jenn...
 ...who perhaps may have borrowed it from Pottery Barn...

I gave it a little twist though, as my teaching background has given me a major aversion to glitter. I started with some chip letters. Please squint and notice the price in the top right corner. Yes, that says 99 cents. 

Rather than glitter, I chose to use some wintery card stock I had on hand. I just traced the letters onto the papers I wanted to use and then glued them onto my letters. Easy peasy.

So cute for $4, right? Try it.

In other project news, I finally found materials to make my cranberry topiaries. Remember these I saw in Pottery Barn?
After much searching I discovered that no one sells just the cranberries. You have to buy them in a bunch on a twig. It's cool though because when I snip them off the twig I'll have a little stem to stab them into the styrofoam ball. No glue or other messy adhesive situation. I also was super excited to find a shiny metal pot to put them in! I think I'm just going to pick some twigs from our back yard and then I'll have to come up with something to cover the top of the pot. Stay tuned to see how that turns out!

Have you made anything fun for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!