Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome to Summer

So yesterday was the Solstice while today was the first full day of summer. Summer is my favorite, don't get me wrong, but temperatures both days in our area were flirting with 100. In fact, I caught a photo of the thermostat in my car indicating it was 100 degrees. It only lasted for a moment and dropped down to a brisk 96 shortly thereafter, but you get the idea. It's toasty out there! So we went from being able to play at the play ground anytime we wanted for most of the spring, to playgrounds jam packed with school-aged children who are literally bussed in from their day camps since school let out 2 weeks ago, to it being positively too hot to play outside. This is not a big deal to me, I live for this weather 9 months out of the year. For my 2 year old it's a different story though. I have her health and comfort to keep in mind. She adores playing outside and wouldn't ever let the weather stand in her way, but I have to draw the line when the slides and hand rails at the playground are hot enough to give you blisters and the UV index is "very high." So instead we try to come up with inventive ways to amuse ourselves indoors.

Today's activity- playing with the Photo Booth application on my computer.



A good laugh for us, and for you as well! These photos are only made funnier by the fact that she had taken the rubber band out of her hair (as she loves to do) so it was doing its own thing. That and our dog walking around amongst the coral and the fishes in the last one- LOL!

Tomorrow's forecast- 92 / thunderstorms. Can't wait to see what we get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!