Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mall Madness

I've decided to post tonight because I don't know if I'll get to tomorrow. Nothing that awfully exciting has occurred since Thursday. I did get my last paper written tonight and emailed in. HOORAY! Last night Josh went to the Nationals game with his office friends. The company has box seats so he loved that even though he didn't care for either team playing. It was a 7:30 game so I didn't expect him home until late. Therefore I made plans to go shopping with Amberly. We don't get to hang out much, just the two of us so it was really fun. We just went to the mall and wandered around. At first we went in Bath & Body Works in search of mother's day gifts. Amberly found a ton of stuff for our mom and her mother-in-law. I bought 2 for $15 lotion and shower gel for myself. I felt really bad but Amberly talked me into it. Then we went into Pacific Sunwear (a store I haven't shopped in for a looong time). And true to our form, we both almost simultaneously said, "this purse is cute" and were holding up the same exact bag. I thought it was cute for her and told her she needed to buy it. Then she held one up she thought I just had to buy. Well, you can imagine where that went. We wandered around in there a little longer carrying on about this and that, and then bought our purses. Here's mine:


I was pretty excited about it. It was reasonably priced and we both showed each other our fraying purse straps to convince each other we were justified. After PacSun I asked to visit the Verizon store because I'm so over my phone (as I always am 6 months into it). My contract is up in the fall, November I think, so a new phone has been on my mind. I really want a slide phone but up until last night I had never seen Verizon carry them. So we went in there and played around for a while. I found three slide phones that are in the running, but I think I've made my decision based on the comparison charts and Cnet reviews. Here they are:

LG VX9400
This little guy appears to be a regular slide phone, but the screen actually swivels up to the right (imagine it going from portrait to landscape orientation) so it looks like a hammer-head shark. It's pretty cool because it's unique, but I read that it complicates phone calls and you have to change setting so that it doesn't end your call when you swivel the screen back down to talk. What a pain.

Samsung SCH-u620
This was the first one I saw in the store and I thought it was so cute. It's about the same size as my current phone which is a downside-- too big. But the fact that it's a slide phone makes it automatically cooler than my current phone so it got points for that. Also it's a Samsung and I really liked my old Samsung phone. More points.


MotoRIZR Z6tv
The biggest advantage here-- super skinny. It's the tallest of the three I looked at, but I could let that "slide" (get it? ha! sorry). I've always been a small phone person. If I'm going somewhere and I don't want to carry my purse, I want to be able to drop my phone into my pocket and not worry. Major points for this one. Only question mark is that it's a Motorola. I had one of these when I very first got a cell phone (Motorola StarTac), but that was 10 years ago and we know how phones have changed. I've heard a lot of people complain about their Razrs, and I don't want to deal with a problematic phone. Another bonus though-- much better battery life than the other two.

All three phones are marketed for viewing V-Cast mobile TV, something I'd never use. But at least they'll have a really pretty screen. After reading the reviews I think I'd go with the Motorola for the skinny factor, longest battery life, and best camera (though, no flash). We'll see what else Verizon comes out with between now and the end of my contract. These phones could be dinosaurs in 6 months, after all.

After shopping I went back to Amberly's for a little bit and played MarioKart on the Wii with the kids. It was more of a challenge than I thought! Leo was so funny. He always wanted to be either a character named Rosalina (who he called "Wosa weena") or the little mushroom guy, Toad (who he called "Toast"). He says Rosalina is beautiful, that's why he picks her... too cute!

Anyway, tomorrow will be visiting the moms of course. We agreed to split the day- morning at Josh's parents, afternoon at mine. I think it will work out well. Then it will be back to the work week. I've got two more weeks until Memorial day, and then 3 weeks after that.... YAY!

:]



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!