Ok, so what does that have to do with anything? Nothing really. This post is just going to consist of some highlights since I don't have much time to write a full description of it all. Haha. Some introduction, right? I think this post is also setting a record for questions asked by the author. Moving on....
- Busy weekend! Papers to grade, papers to write for grad school (yes, plural), wedding Saturday night, relaxation? We'll see.
- Even busier Monday-Tuesday. It's parent/teacher conferences and what do you get for teaching 1) all 9th graders, 2) all GT & Honors? The answer is 39 conferences in two days, every possible conference time-slot filled from 11:45 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in fifteen minute increments. THEN, additional parents who weren't quick enough to snatch up one of the available conference slots emailing and calling to schedule their conferences for some other time.
- Icantbelievethisweekisthanksgiving!!!!!!! There are 3 school weeks between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break. My Christmas tree will be up on Wednesday 8-O How does it sneak up on me like this every year? You'd think I would see it coming by now.
- I may have secured a substitute for my maternity leave! I am sort of talking to two very reliable subs who work exclusively at our school. One is doing a long-term job for a guy in our department right now, the other is the son of a teacher in our department as well as one of the soccer coaches. He came to me today and said he heard I might be needing a sub in the future (haha, understatement) and that he'd be interested in covering my leave - hooray! I'm excited.
- Two weeks from today we have our sonogram to find out if we're having a baby boy or girl! I am beyond excited for this event :]
- Although I took a good hour and a half nap this afternoon, I'm going to bed just an hour later than usual, and probably sleeping in too!
Anyway, sleepy time. I'm so excited :] Goodnight!!