Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hooray Hooray!

My childhood best friend, Mary Beth, finally delivered her baby boy at 1:08 this morning! Nicholas Anthony was a week and a half overdue (due Nov. 1) and entered the world at a whopping 9lbs, 10oz!!! He was 21.2 inches long as well. That is a BIG boy. He's very handsome according to the cell phone picture I was sent :] The craziest thing about him being such a big baby is that both Mary Beth and her husband Joe are pretty small people. Mary Beth is about 5'1", maybe 5'2" and somewhere around 110 lbs after a heavy meal. Joe is probably 5'6" or 5'7" at most. I'm doubting this little guy will end up being a big kid or big adult. I think he was just left in the oven a little too long! Either way, he's here and healthy and that's something we can all say "amen" to!

In some personal baby news, I told my principal today that I'm expecting. I was worried that he'd react with frustration because we have a number of other staff members who have recently shared that they are expecting in the spring and I suspect I may be one of the earlier due dates. I just didn't want him to be annoyed that so many people were going to be out at the end of the school year and I had waited this long to mention it. So tomorrow I'm going to make an attempt to tell my department. I slipped a little today and said something about being hungry all the time. So the one other woman at the table says, "Hungry all the time... you must be pregnant." My eyes got big, I stuttered a little, but then I made up some excuse about having myself on a schedule of eating a snack when I get home from work, so by the end of the school day I'm always hungry. Ugh. So tomorrow when I have to say, "actually yea I'm pregnant," I'm sure that will come up. Oh joy.

I'll let ya know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, oh man that sucks that it happened the day prior to you telling them! But they'll probably understand that you wanted to tell the principle first...which you didn't say how he did in fact take it :0) I'm guessing well other wise you probably would have commented on his bad reaction :0)I'm SO excited for April!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!