Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh baby!

Ready for a blog post full of nothing but baby news and info???

Well, I'll give you a little warning: it's not all news about our baby. But still, babies are fun either way, right?

To begin with, I got to go and meet Mary Beth's new bundle of joy, Nicholas Anthony! He is quite a bundle at 9lbs, 10oz and cute cute cute to match. I went to visit them on Friday night. MB shared her whole story with me, which unfortunately was not a great experience for her. I'll spare you all the details, but suffice it to say that the poor girl was induced before 6am, labored all day long without progressing past 3 cm, and finally at 11 that night her doctor decided to do a c-section. Her family had gone home, her poor husband couldn't take the O.R. scene and had to step out, so she was by herself. They told her they'd have the baby out in 5 minutes and 15 minutes later they were still struggling to get his head out. This is what happens when you're itty bitty to start with and your evil/stupid doctor allows your 8lb baby to go a week and a half past his due date. Oh. My. Goodness. She was so disappointed in the process and I felt really bad for her. Fortunately, Mr. Nicholas makes the whole ordeal more than worthwhile. Want to see him? Here him is......

Isn't he incredibly handsome?? :] I'm in love.


In other baby news, we are 18 weeks now and my whole work knows. Everyone has taken it very well. I talked to the counseling department today and they said they had wondered but didn't want to ask! I thought that was funny, and it makes me wonder who else was wondering! I've had a few moments where I've felt like students were talking/whispering during class but I'm not sure. I suppose I'll let them know maybe on Friday. Parents will probably want to know in advance that their kids will be finishing the school year with a substitute (hehehe), and to be honest, I need to start wearing maternity clothes. The regular work clothes are not cutting it. So I guess that's kind of fun depending on who you are :] I suppose at 18 weeks I should have been expecting it. After all in 2 weeks we'll be half-way through the pregnancy! I can hardly believe it. It feels like I've known for a long time, but it definitely feels like ever since the 2nd trimester began the weeks have been floating by. In fact, just two weeks from this Friday is our 20-week sonogram where we will find out if baby Beck is a boy or girl! We're very excited about that milestone :]

One more piece of baby news... well, ok it's not quiet "baby" news, but cutest little kid ever news. Since I'm positive my sister won't be blogging about this I will share the hilarity here. Leo decided the other day that he wanted to change his name. The conversation with his mother went like this...

Leo: Mommy, I want to change my name.
Amberly: To what, Kramer?
Leo: Yes!

Amberly's suggestion of Kramer was purely because she thought it was so crazy that he would never go for it. Sure enough he not only liked it, but he LOVED it. And he began getting very angry if his "new name" was not used. He even had a meltdown on the phone with his dad (who was at work) because Chris wouldn't say "goodnight Kramer" to tell him goodnight. How hysterical is that?!? This is precisely why I am obsessed (as my friends have told me) with Leo. He really, honestly, truly is the funniest kid I have ever met. And if you know my employment history, I've met A LOT of kids.

Ok, how about 3 positive events?
  1. I went bowling for the first time in probably 10+ years this weekend with Josh and Jennie and Michael. We had a lot of fun. I came in last place with 75 points :]
  2. The holidays are upon us! Thanksgiving next week?! Whew. Christmas 3 weeks later (3 work weeks before Christmas break that is. You see how I measure my time). I'm exicted!
  3. After 4 long years, I have a mere 5 months left of teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Man I have been waiting for baby updates! They're my favorite. When are we going to see profile pics to see how big you're getting? (granted I never put those kind of pictures on my blog lol but I wasn't a cute pregnant lady, I'm sure you are). Can't wait to find out what you're having. My guess is boy. :)oh and your friend's birth story sounds exactly like mine, except my husband was there, thank goodness. no fun. but adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!