Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Day Isn't Enough

I hope you agree with me when I say that one day to give thanks just isn't enough. If I began listing what I was thankful for the moment I woke up, I couldn't possibly be finished by the end of the day. I do my best to be thankful on a daily basis to the people in my life, and of course to God, for all of the things I honestly don't deserve. But I know I never cover it all. Despite that, I do absolutely love that our culture dedicates a day to being Thankful and spending time (and an amazing meal!) with the people who mean the most to us. I also love the history of Thanksgiving and how it began with a few adventurous souls who traveled to a new world and shared a meal in thanks with some complete strangers. I also think it's rather special that that tradition continues so many years later.

So even though I know there's no way to cover it all, I'll go ahead and share a few things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving (in no particular order)...
  • The cutest husband ever
  • The best family and friends I could ask for
  • Little baby Beck, and the fact that we'll know in just a week if our baby is a boy or girl!
  • Being preggers with my sister (and so many of my friends) so I have people to go through it with and our baby will have so many friends from day one :]
  • All the other additions to our family and my friends families
  • Our cozy home - even if it is still a work in progress
  • My dad, who is still here after suffering a stroke and spending last Thanksgiving on the floor of his apartment
  • Our jobs, even though I complain about mine
  • Baby Stellan's miraculous recovery
  • The whole holiday season and everything that goes with it -- family, food, shopping, days off work...
  • Our health
  • Mistletoe-scented candles
  • The chinese place behind our house (I'm rather hungry)
... and while it doesn't stop there, my chinese food is sitting right in front of me, staring me in the face. I have to go.

I know none of my friends would ever forget to do this, but I will just throw it out there... think about what you're thankful for! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day and enjoy lots of great food with your families :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!