Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Great Weekend :)

Ok, Fall, I guess you can stay.  We had another fantastic weekend. The weather took a major Fall turn and temps dipped into the 60s for daytime highs. Fall seems to happen so quickly and it takes me by surprise every time.

Our weekend turned out to be 3-day sort of by surprise. That makes a great weekend in itself! My nephew that I babysit stayed with his grandmother on Friday instead of him coming to my house. That gave me the day off, so I thought it would be fun to meet my husband for lunch since we never get to do that. That plan turned into a late lunch so he could just not go back to work afterwards. At that notion, I said "Let's take Bebe to the zoo or something!" So we planned for that. Then when I woke up Friday morning I found him working happily in our basement. Hooray! We ran some errands, visited a couple of friends (another thing we rarely get to do during the week) and then headed to the zoo. Our munchkin has been so into animals and their noises lately that I'd been hoping we'd get to squeeze in a zoo trip before the weather got cold.

So here we are...












Saturday was picnic day! Hubby's new company was having their annual family picnic and so was my family. We did a double-header and hit up both, even in the rain. Turned out to be great fun on both accounts. By that night we were pooped!

 They had Buzz Lightyear and Cinderella at the company picnic. She was fascinated by Cinderella and terrified of Buzz.






 ----------






 My crazy nephew :)

 Literally jabbering about their shoes



 Husband/biggest kid on the playground





Sunday, as always in our house between September-February, was football day. We took it easy in the morning, I grocery shopped while Bebe napped, and then it was game time. I'd love to say that our boys looked as incredible as they did last week against the St--lers (not a word I permit on my blog), but I just can't. I'd be lying to say I wasn't/am not disappointed, but fortunately at this point there's still a lot of football season left to play. We're gonna have to shape up though. After the game we went to my mom's for dinner and that was fun, relaxing, hilarious, therapeutic as always :)

Today has been back to the usual. It is also my grandfather's birthday. He's not with us any more but he would have been 97 today. Our family picnic is always the weekend before his birthday so I've been thinking about him a lot. Ah, I miss that guy....

Did you do anything fun this weekend? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!