Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday, again

I don't know how it keeps happening. But alas, here we are at Monday again. After tropical storm Lee finally cleared out on Friday, we enjoyed a mostly lovely weekend here in the mid-Atlantic. Cute husband and I took our little lovey and had dinner at our favorite pizza place on Friday night, followed by our favorite ice cream place which just happens to be in the same area. Imagine the luck! Saturday was a bit of a whirl-wind. I needed to do some cleaning in anticipation of a play date with our adorable nephew, Colt on Sunday afternoon. This his him...
However, we also needed to leave for a wedding by 2 p.m. and everyone needed showers, lunches, hair straightening, etc. It was a busy morning, but we left only 20 minutes late and after not one, not two, but three trips back into the house after initially walking out the door. My SIL, Jennie was trying hard not to make fun of me as I warned her never to expect to be on time once she has a child!

The wedding was 2 hours away in a small town in Virginia. The bride was my cousin's daughter. I remember when she was born, and remember when she was just a munchkin begging me to carry her around. Ugh, makes me feel so old! It was a cute little wedding done in fall colors. The bride and groom were obviously giddy in love, so that was just adorable to watch.

Ahh, those were the days..... kidding, of course! I'm still giddy over my groom :)  We got to talk and catch up with some people I haven't seen since my own childhood which was very fun also. Our Bebe made the most of the dance floor and could not get enough of the lights from the disco ball spinning on the floor. She was stopping other people to point and jabber at them about it. Cracked me up. 

We called it a night around 10:00 and embarked on the journey back home. After all that dancing we expected Bebe to conk out in the car. She surprised us though and chattered the whole way home except the last ten minutes!

Our play date on Sunday ended up getting cancelled because poor little Colt was sick :(  So instead we settled in with some food and watched the Ravens game. And what a game it was! Needless to say, we were some happy fans at the end of that one. Then we did our usual evening and dinner at my mom's house. 

And I can't cover our weekend without mentioning Sunday's anniversary of the September 11th attacks. There really aren't words to accurately capture all of the thoughts and feelings I have about this anniversary. I think to say that we'll never forget and are praying for the families of the victims is an understatement. Rather I think it's important to say that ten years later we're still here. They didn't bring us down. We've dusted ourselves off, cleared the wreckage, and built ourselves and our country back up. We're still happy and strong. We still practice our many religions including Christianity and Islam and Wicca, and they can't stop us. What happened ten years ago was devastating and the heroes, victims and families deserve every prayer, honor, bit of commemoration and reverence that can be put forth. So we'll continue to remember, and we'll go on living our lives as a freedom-loving nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!