Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Weekend in Pictures

Ok, so maybe it's already Wednesday... sorry. We had doctor appointments, dance class, and more doctor appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Better late than never, right?




Got my workout doing toddler leg lifts

Meanwhile, J appears on tv at the Os game (it was cold and rainy so C and I stayed home). He also ran into the man himself, Brady Anderson and got a personal photo... my only regret for not going!

Sunny Sunday out on the deck!

Birthday party at a nearby farm...








Taking a break from chasing cousins to pick buttercups... such a girl :)

Sunday dinner at Nana's!







What is the appropriate white balance setting for "it's almost dark"? Cloudy definitely made everybody look blue...

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! Aside from multiple doctor appointments we're enjoying above-normal temperatures which is great for lots of outside time! Downside= C-baby has some splinters in her hand from our deck. Anyone ever removed splinters from a toddler's hand? The doctor's recommendation (we had a check up yesterday, I did NOT call the doctor about splinters) was just to soak her hand in warm water a few times a day. I don't think I'm brave enough to go in there with tweezers. 

Speaking of her check up, it was C's 2-year well check up and she was the picture of perfect health! I always worry about her weight because she's a pretty slender kid and always has been. So when we haven't been to the doctor's for a while I always wonder if she has gained enough. She has also gotten to be a pickier eater over the past 6 months or so. She would rather eat "peas and corns" or whatever vegetable we're having for dinner than anything else and she rarely eats meat so I have to pay particular attention to her protein intake from other foods. She does usually eat a huge breakfast and a pretty good lunch though. Yesterday certainly put my worries to rest. Not only did she weigh 27 lbs 12 oz, but she had jumped from the 25th percentile to the 70th. That's the highest percentile her weight has ever been. She also had a major growth spurt in height (which we knew since she grew out of her Christmas clothes by early February) going from 32" at her 18 month appointment to almost 36". That's a jump from about the 75th percentile to the 95th. Good thing she just had a birthday and pretty much got a new wardrobe for summer :)

The rest of this week is pretty unscheduled and looks like it's going to include lots of outside time since it's supposed to be warm and sunny! J and I have also just begun a 28-day challenge that I'm looking forward to sharing, but I'm not going to talk about it until we're done at the end of this month. Don't you hate it when people do that? I've just learned a few lessons from talking about things in advance, so I prefer to have already completed what I want to accomplish before spilling all the beans to everyone. But it's a fun challenge, so far so good, and I'm taking pictures and notes along the way to give you the full report when we're done, so stay tuned! 

Alas, we've reached the last precious minutes of nap time and I still have a sink full of dishes (and no working dishwasher... the appliance service company we've used in the past seems to be out of business so we're working on finding another to install our still-boxed brand new dishwasher). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!