Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbye, Twenties...

Yes, it's true. Today is my last day in my twenties... eek! It probably sounds like a bigger deal than it really is. In fact, I know it sounds like a bigger deal than it really is, but sitting here on this side it still feels like a big deal, like I'm just not really ready to cross that line. But alas, one doesn't really have a choice.

It seems appropriate to do a little reflecting on my twenties as they are about to be gone and never to return. What's kind of funny is that when I think back, I was pretty opposed to turning twenty also. That was back when I was young and foolish, haha! Little did I know when I was about to turn twenty all the great things my twenties would bring...

- I visited Europe 
(sadly before I owned a digital camera and I didn't feel like digging up/scanning those photos!)

- Finished college 

- Fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a teacher
(I started out teaching 6th grade and those kids just graduated from HS this spring)

- Got my first place on my own

- Started a relationship with an old friend (we met in high school)

- Married that old friend


- Bought our first house

- Started a family
(the most incredible, life-changing experience ever)


- Finished grad school

- Fulfilled another dream of being a stay-at-home mom!

...and of course there are many, many other events, some happy and some sad, that occurred during those ten years. There are so many people who have come and gone from my life, and innumerable smaller events that have all worked together to put me where I am right now. Most of all, during my twenties I grew up. I guess in a way we're always growing up, but I did a lot of important growing in my twenties. Maybe I feel a little sad to say I'm not in my twenties anymore, but I can easily say I'm happy to be where I am now instead of where I was ten years ago. So much of my life was decided in my twenties, all the big things that you just want to know when you're younger like my career, my husband, my home, my family (at least our first child). It has been a fantastic decade of my life. I know I've said it before but only because it's true- I am so thrilled with where my twenties have brought me. Because of that I feel confident about taking that leap into... into my.... um, into the next decade with excitement and anticipation for what lies ahead. Here's to my next decade being the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!