Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reasons I'm OK With Fall

This is to help me feel better now that the 65-degree rainy days have set in and my deck is covered in a sprinkling of yellow leaves.

Reasons I'm OK With Fall
(in no particular order)

1. Sweaters, blankets, and anything generally cozy. I like being warm, which is why I love summer so much! Sob! Ok, this is not a good start. But gosh I want one of these little sweaters for my cup of coffee! Heck, I want a cup of coffee - I do enjoy the fall flavors, pumpkin spice and all that. Yum!

2. While we're at it, fall foods in general are pretty yummy. Pies, soups, casseroles... what's not to like?

3. My hubby was born in the fall. Along with a few other people I like, and two new people who are joining our family (and the world) in the next couple of weeks!

4. With the exception of spiders who seem to appear in the fall, the bug population decreases - if you know me, this is significant. Bugs could be the only thing I dislike about the warm months.

5. My favorite article of clothing. I feel I once again am justified in wearing them on a regular basis. It's nice. I've missed them.

6. Ahem. A little less pressure. That's all I'll say about this one. Whew. Excuse me while I let out that huge breath I've been holding in since early May....

7. Appropriately following #6, I love the build up to the holiday season. Shopping, cheer, music, the smells, shiny decorations, the anticipation, gatherings of family and friends... I just can't complain about the holidays :]

Fall, I may not love you, but I am ok with you. There, I said it.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post, Em :] Especially the "less pressure" part... because I've been thinking the same exact thing! I love how all the new trendy sweaters are extra chunky this year! More fabric = more camouflage. It's gonna be a good fall.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!