Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Calm After the Storm

It's been a quiet couple of days since the hurricane passed through. Skies were bright and sunny by Sunday afternoon so we ventured out for the usual Sunday dinner at my mom's house with my siblings and their kids. Yesterday we were back to business as usual since we were basically unaffected by the storm. Somehow over the past few days I've come down with a stuffy "mo" (as my baby calls it). So I've been downing the vitamin-C and sleeping all propped up with a humidifier blowing in my face. My husband started with a cold at the end of last week, my SIL Jennie and baby had it over the weekend, and I started with it on Sunday. Luckily they are all over it at this point so I'm holding out hope that it's about to get better for me, too.

Hm, what else? Our purge is going quite well. We have a large stash of things gathered for donation. We're about to clear a bunch of stuff from our kitchen this weekend, and I have a handful of things laying around that I will be selling via posts on the web and/or consignment. There was a guy on Oprah yesterday, a movie director actually, named Tom (?) Shadyac. He was sharing his story of downsizing from 17,000 square feet to 1,000 square feet. Why? Because that was all he needed. He had realized that all of his "stuff" was not making him any happier and chose to live with just what he needed while offering the rest to others. I thought that was kind of cool. It was a very spiritual thing for him according to what he shared on the show. But what he was sharing really paralleled the ideas I had read about in the book Miss Minimalist by Francine Jay. Anyway.

I would tell you about the rest of our week ahead, but I'm afraid it will leave me with nothing to write about for the rest of the week! I suppose when there's little to tell about, I can always resort to cute pictures! If we're friends on Facebook, you've already seen these, sorry! But they're cute enough to be worth a second look :)












You're welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!