Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hell Hath No Fury...

Friday, July 6, 2007
Ok ok, so he wasn't that mad, but he wasn't that happy either. If you've been following the story in my blog, I'm talking about our pastor whom I had to tell recently that he was no longer officiating at our wedding. I sent what I thought was a very kind and respectful email explaining that a family member was going to perform the ceremony instead and that this in no way meant anything about our feelings towards him or the church. Nevertheless, I got an email back that I wish he had been as careful in writing as I was with mine to him. He was clearly offended or insulted and wrote with a very condescending tone. He even made a few assumptions that were wrong and as a result offended us. How sticky! You never want to think negative things about your pastor, but it's often not until you get into a personal situation such as this one that you actually see the person instead of "the guy who gives sermons on Sundays." And we're all human so sometimes the real person may come across as all too real/ordinary when we were expecting extraordinary. Sure, we all get offended. We all have tempers. Heck, we all like to get our way. But most of us know to be careful what we say because of how it can be interpreted too.On a lighter note, we are headed to New York City tomorrow to sight see with fellow couple, Andy and Devin! Josh and I love to tour NYC and go whenever we get the chance. Look for pics soon! :o) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!