Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The post without a purpose

Tuesday, July 31, 2007
No surprise, last week was a busy one. Hence why it's almost a week since my last post. The craziness started with Tuesday night at the 9:30 Club. We went to see Silverchair, probably Josh's favorite band of all time. Some of us were familiar with them in middle school for an album called Frogstomp and/or a song called Tomorrow. I have to admit that I haven't listened much to them since then. There have been songs on the radio that I've known by them without realizing it was Silverchair. But since dating Josh I have been caught up on the music I've missed over the years since Frogstomp. The newest album, Young Modern was just realeased in the U.S. last week on the night of the concert but Josh had ordered it months ago from Australia so we had been enjoying it since then. The concert turned out to be a blast. I hadn't been to the 9:30 Club for years and I knew pretty much every song they played-- all those songs from the radio over the years.Wednesday night we went to the Verizon Center for Ben Folds and John Mayer. Anyone who isn't familiar with Ben Folds should get to know him. Every piece of his music is loveable. John Mayer is more of the pretty face, but I always enjoy his music too. This concert had a little less energy than Silverchair though because we were in seats and considerably farther away from the stage. But my back hurt less when it was time to leave.I think we didn't have any plans on Thursday so we stayed in and watched Arrested Development. Then on Friday we met for lunch at Red Robin with some of Josh's co-workers and he surprised me by taking the rest of the day off. We went home and took a little nap lasting from 2pm until slightly after 6. Then Josh's brother Connor and his friend Jason came over and brought us a washing machine since the one at our house was leaking transmission fluid. Who knew your washing machine would do that? Then it was off to the party at Josh's old roommates' house. As a result of our 4-hour nap, we were awake until about 4am.Saturday was spent doing things around our house including buying some needed furniture and hooking up the washing machine. On Sunday we had a cookout at my mom's with my step-brothers and their girlfriends. It was a lot of fun since my one step-brother has been in some trouble and we haven't seen him for a few years.And here I am back into the work week, but luckily it's the last week of summer school. This week is pretty low-key, hey maybe I'll get some wedding plans made! But next week is shaping up to be pretty crazy again. I'll catch up with this when I can :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!